Our goals in this design were:
- Make a highly effective mask
- Make it easy and quick for others to make
- Make it reasonably comfortable
- Use the least number of custom parts
- Use the widest variety of off the shelf parts
Key features of the mask are:
- it prints in under 3 hours and has 1 printed part
- nose cone features common filter material like air filters or vacuum bags
- hose clamp is best but can also use zip-ties or rubber bands
- foam liner makes it comfortable
- filter material fits over nose cone
- held down by hose clamp (makes it easy to swap)
- we're experimenting with putting the filter inside and making it easier to swap"
- foam liner hot glued in for comfort
- we used an FDA approved silicone foam we had lying around - we realize most folks won't have that. Almost any foam will do.
Please email email@example.com if you'd like to get your hands on a mask or if you have feedback about how we could improve the design.